Upon arrival at Liberty Mutual, they had no testing facilities and
only a handful of poorly trained designers who serviced their entire
Commercial Markets IT department. As part of Peter's background he
spent 2 years as a Project Manager - Special Projects bringing this
group to a state of the industry level for design and test methodologies.
Tasks performed for Liberty Mutual that can be brought to your special
- Managed the operation, staffing, scheduling and utilization of
usability lab facilities.
- Developed division-wide software usability policies and procedures
for integration into the Liberty Mutual Software Development Process.
- Provided GUI design and prototyping services to all division strategic
software programs while helping them make the transition from large-scale
mainframe to client/server applications.
- Responsible for the redesigned look and feel of their division
- Guided the interface design as they to transition many of their
internal Windows applications to browser based web-enable transaction
- Provided user centered design perspective to business requirements
- Functioned as liaison between business partners and I/S organization.
- Provided usability and GUI course development and training to
the Ireland based Liberty Information Technologies subsidiary, and
throughout the Commercial Markets Division.
- Provided mentoring and guidance to all junior level interface